Yes, it’s every parent’s favourite time of year - ‘School Holidays’!! Take the stress out of finding things to do and let us amuse the children – spaces for the holiday club are filling up fast so be sure to let us know if you need to book any dates. If you have any holidays booked, please let us know so that we can adjust the numbers and ensure our ratios are correct and if you could also let us know the dates of when your child starts back at school and the new classes they will be in that will be a great help in preparation for September.
Nursery News :
- Our family BBQ and our Summer Fete were a fantastic success and the turnout was amazing so thank you so much for your continued support. It’s so lovely to get together and see parents meet and chat with each other and for the staff to have time to get to know you a little better too. We made £900 at the Fete; a staggering amount, which will be split between each room to purchase new resources for the children. We are always surprised by how much you help us to raise but this year was outstanding
- Preschool have been have had very busy few weeks throughout July they have been involved in ‘sporting sessions’ in preparation for their annual ‘Sports Day’. The children did so well and were so proud of their medals and certificates.
- Our Holiday Club will also be keeping fit with ‘Sport in the Park’ sessions throughout the holidays
- All of the children who are getting ready for ‘big school’, thoroughly enjoyed their ’leaver’s party’. They spent the first part of the afternoon at Newport Leisure Centre for a bounce party and soft play, followed by a party tea at Lullabyz. Let the tears commence as this means only one thing – now the children actually have to leave.
- Speaking of new beginnings – if your child has or is about to turn 3 years old, they may be entitled to receive the Government Funding. If so, please could you ensure that you bring in either a birth certificate or passport so that we can apply on your behalf. We will then send you a note with your revised fees. If you are unsure if you are entitled to the funding please speak to Lou or Nic
- As you know, we have recently updated our annual Quality of Care review and you were asked to fill in some parental questionnaires. The response was fantastic so Thank you so much for taking the time to fill them in – it really does help us to produce an honest account of what we do well and identify any areas where we can improve our service. We did receive a couple of suggestions, some of which we have already put in place and some of which will be included in our ‘Setting Improvement Plan’. Unfortunately, yet again, we have to overlook the suggestion of overnight stays and weekends!!! Please check the Parent Notice Board in the Parent Pit Stop to see our responses.
- We have also just updated our annual review on Infection Control. One point that keeps arising as an area to improve is the recommendation that nurseries should not be using communal pots of cream, i.e, Sudocreme. We have justified this in previous years as we are able to demonstrate that the staff use, clean, disposable gloves before and after applying any creams and therefore minimise the chances of contamination but as the issue continues to be raised, we have taken the decision to eliminate this risk completely. This means that each child will now require their own creams to be brought into nursery, either daily or a pot that can be labelled and left in nursery. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you but as I’m sure you can understand anything we can do to prevent the spread of contagious childhood illnesses can only benefit the children.
Our Tweenie Room is now open and the children are loving their time in their new surroundings. It has given our older babies a chance to explore new challenges and environments and has significantly lightened the load on our Toddler Department. The Preschool and Rising 3's room has become one department for the 3-4 year olds and is proving highly effective. We hope you have noticed the changes as we feel very strongly that this decision will have a dramatic effect on each area and on the children’s wellbeing.We are happy to announce that Angharad (Toddler Unit) has had a beautiful baby boy, Dylan. We are really looking forward to meeting him andWelcoming him to our Lullabyz Family.
Tuesday 8th – Linda the Hairdresser will be here between 4-5.30 should any of the children require a haircut. Please book with Nic or Lou
Thursday 17th – Our Holiday Club will be attending ‘Sport in the Park’ at Beechwood Park.
Thursday 31st – Little Ducklings (Babies) and Tweenie Turtles will be enjoying a Teddy Bears Picnic. Children are invited to bring in their favourite bear to join in the Summer Fun. (Please label)
Thursday 31st – Busy Bees (Toddlers) and Cheeky Monkeys (Preschool) will be holding an end of Summer Beach Party!!!!! Stand by for instructions if your child attends on this day ha ha
Topics – Little Ducklings and Tweenie Turtles topic over the Summer is (believe it or not) Summer and sea creatures. Busy Bees will be getting wet looking ‘Under the Sea’! * a little note from Busy Bees – please remember to check the ‘Going Home Box’ for any artwork etc. Cheek Monkeys will be having themed weeks including Pirates and Superheroes.
Nicola, Louise and the Lullabyz Team